Logo
Print this page

Camborne School of Mines 1896-1897

 

This photograph from 120 years ago shows what is thought to be the first Camborne School of Mines Rugby Club. Bearing in mind the story circulating that the historic name may be at risk this photograph is of particular interest.

We have the surnames of thirteen of the players:

?, Howard, Peters, ?, Denny, M.G. Mainwaring,

Gordon Smith, G.W. Johnson, H. Tylden Wright (Capt.), Pearse, A.S. Wheeler

Norbury, H.M. Harris, Tuke, G. Gregory

Can anyone add more information please?

The full sized, downloadable file is available here:

 
(C) Copyright Cornwall RFU. All Rights Reserved.