Sunday 30th September is the date of this year’s conference. Once again, an interesting programme has been put together which will be of benefit and interest to all our clubs. The theme will be "Finding the appropriate level of development for players in your Club".
The venue will be EPIPHANY HOUSE, Kenwyn Church Rd, Truro, TR1 3DR 10.30 to 15.00.
As a pasty lunch will be provided for delegates it is essential that clubs inform John Sumnall who will be attending. Please let John know by Tuesday 25th September at the latest:
The full programme is:
CRFU Conference 2018 to be held at Epiphany House Truro
on Sunday 30 September 2018
"Finding the appropriate level of development for players in your Club"
1030 Tea & Coffee. Registration.
Peter James (CRFU President).
1110 “The Rugby Journey” (Alan Hubbleday, Player Pathway Officer England Rugby.)
· Where we have come from.
· What the player journey currently looks like.
· Where the pathway fits in the RFU Strategic Plan.
· Principles of good talent development.
· How the age grade calendar (or Competition Menu), Regulations 15 & 9 and the Age Grade Codes of Practice support the player journey.
1200 “The Role Of DPP in Cornwall”. (Rich Siviter, Cornwall DPP Manager.)
· An overview of what the DPP programme is.
· An overview of the player pathway in Cornwall.
· Issues regarding club/school movement.
· Focus on development.
1245 Presentation of ties.
Ties will be presented by the CRFU President, Peter James to the CRFU Womens’ Representative Team. These were the first players to represent Cornwall in the Gill Burns Cup when Cornwall entered the competition for the first time last season.
Lunch. Pasty, tea and coffee. Also, a chance to network with all present.
1330 Presentation by Martin Tucker, Director of Penwith College.
1415 “The Future of Player Development in Cornwall”. (Georgy Finnegan and Jonny Stephenson)
· Introduction of Player Development in Cornwall.
· How do you see Player Development in Cornwall?
1445 Plenary Session.